One of the things I made for the girls last year and totally failed to blog about were these dinky little skirts with soft toys in the pockets. All I used was some nice patterned scrap brushed cotton, a few lengths of ribbon, and the waist band I sewed on was just an "ear warmer" headband thing from the Dollar Tree.
LiEr has been posting a load of great pocket tutorials on her blog Ikat bag lately and it reminded me of these skirts I'd made and then K posted about some little softies she'd made too on her blog "Made by K" and so I thought you might like to see this pretty simple project from last Christmas.
Before I sign off and wade through some deep snow to see if the car is still burried, here are a few things from the last few of years that might work for you in the last couple of days before Christmas...
- Superhero poncho fleece cape. (I made both of these on Christmas eve last year, so you definately have time still)
- Painted peg dolls. (these ones took quite a while, but a small set would be quicker)
- Homemade freaky unicorn pillow pet. (my mate back in the US is making a replica of this for her little girl at the moment. I hope it's going well jennifer!) Again, this was very quick to sew up.
- A little sewing/embroidery kit very cheaply.
- Fuzzy Felt friends and family set. I really want to make the kids an updated version of the one I made a few years ago. Maybe for my younger daughter's birthday in March.
- No icing candy cane cookies.
- Printable christmas lego and hole punch set.
- Paper plate angels.
- Old tights snowmen.